During Class on Fri. Oct. 11: The Kite Runner Study
Target: Conduct research about background information pertinent to The Kite Runner.
- Read the article about the history of the Hazara people. http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2012/01/16/hazara_afghanistan_pakistan/
- Read this article summarizing the Shia and Sunni sects of Islam. http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2013/05/economist-explains-19
- Read “The Taliban in Afghanistan.” http://www.cfr.org/afghanistan/taliban-afghanistan/p10551
- 3-2-1 Exit Pass
- Three important ideas you have learned today in regard to making sense of something in The Kite Runner.
- Two quotes you read from the resources today that are important to remember.
- One question about any of the reading you’ve done so far in The Kite Runner.
- Homework for Monday:
- Map of Afghanistan and The Hazaras (handout)
- Read through Ch. 7